Written by adam on Jun 11, 2007
10 Ways to NOT Be a Man in an Apron This Father's Day
Filed Under: Editorial
From New Year's to Valentines and Easter to Mother's Day, we're tired doggonnit. We've been cooking for you all year long and we need a break. Oh sure, the countless weekends of standing around a smoke-filled backyard waiting for a brisket to finish are good fun. But this weekend is our time. It's our time to have a meal cooked for us.
So here are some ways that you as a father can relax and put down the apron for a change.
10. Watch the NBA Finals Game 5.
9. Barbeque a whole rack of ribs and eat it yourself (OK, that's half & half)
8. Sit on the front porch, drink beer, and yell at the neighborhood kids.
7. Read Men in Aprons and plan for next weekend*
6. Make a fort with the bed sheets.
5. Pop in the Star Wars Sextilogy and watch the whole thing. (don't forget to throw your empty beer cans at Jar-Jar)
4. Wipe your dirty hands on your shirt and complain about the no apron thing.
3. Take a nap (remember those?)
2. Play cowboys and indians with your kids.
1. Go to Hooters.
* not applicable for me.
Responses to "10 Ways to NOT Be a Man in an Apron This Father's Day" ...
at my age, I'll need two naps, especially if I skip #'s 10 thru 2 and go straight to #1.